Friday, June 1, 2012

The past, the present and the future.


Sitting here in the cold, cold room, wrapped around in my pink knitted scarf, reading back old blog posts. How long has it been? 2 years? 3 years?

It’s been so long, since I’ve last set foot in this blog, and when I actually did, I’ve spent an hour or two reading back all and I mean ALL blog posts since the beginning of 2009. Countless events took place; joyous moments, memorable bits and pieces, emotional stages came and passed. Significant changes befell; family, friends, life. Question is, have I changed?

In 2009 - Everything was as simple as ABC. Lived life the way it should be lived and honestly, no regrets at all. I do miss all friends and family who used to be in Brisbane in 2009. Even, you. You’ve been a great friend, nonetheless. I still remember the moments when we all had our L4D sessions in the kitchen during the first half of the year, the moments when everything was uplifted and crazed, the first time I set foot in a club in Brisbane, in which I visited almost every weekend after, how I’ve visited Sydney in July and received a “OMG, you’re so fat!” remark from my dear sister and how I’ve visited Sydney again in December and got welcomed with a “hey, you’ve slimmed down and back to normal!” remark instead. My, my, it’s been 3 years but every moment is and always will be remembered throughout my journey of life.

In 2010 - The year in which was initially planned for my Masters in Queensland University of Technology (QUT), but I have decided to come back home. Now the question is, did I make the right choice? The hassle of flying back to Brisbane to pack up, settling the 70% refund of tuition fees, finding a replacement for the place I have rented, moving my belongings from one place to another; I waved goodbye to the land down under. Then began my torturous life of a working adult.

In 2011 - The year when life took a turning point and became as complicated as ever. Funny thing though, I found friends, true friends at times and in places in which I have never thought I could find. The saying goes, “A true friend is someone who thinks that you’re a good egg, even though they know you’re slightly cracked.” Well in my case, “slightly” would have been an understatement. Yet, they were there and fortunately, still here with me until today.

In 2012 - Still in a mess, but catching up fine. A year filled with travel arrangements for work and play is a year of joy and pleasure; Bangkok with boyfriend to start off the year, Philippines in the midyear to spice things up, Melbourne-Sydney in November to kick ass, and looking to end the year with ZoukOut in Singapore. If things happen as planned, it would be an amazing year.

But I do wonder sometimes, is it a colourful rainbow I’m walking towards, or is it a rainbow shadowed by dark clouds meant for deceiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment